An Eight-Second Mistake!
Here's an example:
Now count up all those twos. This mistake will cost the user at least 8 seconds!
- A user wants to click on the 2nd row of an on-screen keyboard.
- The scan speed is set for 2 seconds to give enough time for the user to process the keyboard.
- The software advances to the 2nd row.
- The user is checking the row for the desired key (or gets distracted).
- Oops! Scanning has already advanced to the third row [ 2 seconds pass].
- The user has to wait while being offered the fourth row [ 2 seconds ].
- Assume at least a fifth row so the user has to wait through that row [ 2 seconds ].
- Now scanning starts over at the first row [2 seconds ].
- Finally back to the second row.
REACH has an answer to solve this problem. REACH's scan undo!